Knickerbocker Quartet (Quartette)
THE KNICKERBOCKER QUARTET (originally spelled Quartette) was formed in 1908 to replace the Edison Male Quartet. Original members were John Young, George M. Stricklett, Frederick Wheeler and Gus Reed. Personnel changed around 1912. Young and Wheeler were joined by Walter Van Brunt and William F. Hooley.
Columbia announced in 1917 the formation of a new Knickerbocker Quartet consisting of first tenor George Eldred, second tenor Robert Lewis (aka Lewis James), baritone William Morgan, and bass Glenn Howard.
This page was updated on March 26, 2001